We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Astoria Cannery Pier Hotel

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,164 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Astoria Cannery Pier Hotel

Just a heads up regarding the new hotel in Astoria.

Next weekend, The Sunday Oregonian Destinations section, will have an article about Astoria and will take us inside the new hotel..which sits on a pier, jutting out over the Columbia River..

Columbia River Maritime Museum
Specialty Museums, Bodies of Water
Astoria Column
Monuments & Statues, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Fort Clatsop National Memorial
Historic Sites, National Parks
Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,238 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Astoria Cannery Pier Hotel

Thanks for letting people know. That section of the newspaper usually has pretty good write ups of places.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,164 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Astoria Cannery Pier Hotel

Yes, I enjoy my Sunday morning coffee while reading up on my new hometown.

There is a wonderful article about the Great Cats World Park in Southern Oregon.

And some good places to go apple picking .. which we will do this week I think, in Parkdale.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,238 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Astoria Cannery Pier Hotel

Parkdale is perfect for apple picking--have fun! We will be off to the pumpkin patch and corn maze this week.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,164 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Astoria Cannery Pier Hotel

I read about the corn maze and saw some of them online..Amazing!! I wish I had a small child again :)

I will post my apple trip report LOL

It will be the Kiyokawa Family Orchards..

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,238 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Astoria Cannery Pier Hotel

Want to meet us there? Going on Friday morning, then to lunch somewhere. The corn maze will be fun, but we were so spoiled by the one in WA. The one at Sauvie Island is 6 acres, but the one in our town in WA was 12 acres. It was a roadmap of the state, and at various cities there was a fact sheet to learn about it. At Hanford the corn was spray painted blue, lol, and then in Seattle there was a Space Needle, and by Tacoma was the big Tacoma Narrows Bridge. Lots of great thigns built into it and it was always a lot of fun. I already warned the kids that it won't be the same, but it will still be a good day:)

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,164 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Astoria Cannery Pier Hotel

mtngrl, you should work for the Chamber of Commerce!

7. Re: Astoria Cannery Pier Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 pm, October 17, 2005
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Astoria Cannery Pier Hotel

Oooohhh.... appetizers from Josephson's. Reason enough to pay a visit.

Now I really do have to pick up my daughter. Night all!

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,164 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Astoria Cannery Pier Hotel

We are planning a couple of nights out at the Coast, staying in Cannon Beach but we are thinking of checking out the Cannery just in case it is appealing for the future.

It looks very ambitious ..

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Astoria Cannery Pier Hotel

That's kinda what I think Scarlett; awful ambitious.... I hope it's successful, but I'm not sure I understand the person who travels to the coast, then chooses not to stay in a beach/ocean front hotel in favor of a river view one. Especially if prices are close to the same. It will be interesting to read your perspective if you do "tour" the place. Careful though, you might be nominated as an Astoria "expert"!