We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Suggestions

Which Astoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
114 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Suggestions

Hello all,

We have lived in Portland for 17 years now; our first 5 were spent wandering the"southern end of the northern coast" (we never got further north than Seaside) and the following 10 were spent at our beach house south of Newport, falling in love with the central coast.

For a romantic weekend away, my husband and I are spending the weekend in Astoria, at the Cannery Pier Hotel. I've seen all the restaurant recommendations, but for the one special dinner (my birthday; I've learned loooong ago that if I don't want to end up at Burgerville, I've got to tell him where to make the ressies. But I'm always happy, so then is he....)what would be your first choice? We love seafood and a view is always nice, but we'll be there for 8 meals altogether, so we can get that at breakfast or lunch (in the daylight).

Also, any beaches on the Northern coast good for agate hunting?

TIA!

Level Contributor
34,226 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

We love Pig n Pancake, they have locations in Seaside and Cannon Beach,also. Very yummy Pigs in a Blanket here with Boysenberry syrup.

The Ship Inn has really great Halibut fish and chips, aside from the food being good, we have lots and lots of wonderful family memories here.

Schooner's 12th Street Bistro, across from the Hotel Elliott is also pretty good, they do a really nice Sea Scallop pasta here, there is also a bar area at Schooner's. If you don't mind about a 15 minute drive, go to Pacific Way Bakery & Cafe in Gearhart for some amazing pasteries, they are also fantastic for dinner. :)

12. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 21, 2009