We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent Lunch at Drina Daisy

Which Astoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
34,226 posts
884 reviews
Save Topic
Excellent Lunch at Drina Daisy

After strolling through the Astoria Sunday Market and purchasing some gorgeous flowers for the beach cottage, we ended up at Drina Daisy, a quaint little restaurant on Commercial serving Bonsian food. We started with an order of yummy bread and ordered the Ajvar condiment spread for the bread which is a bright orange red puree of fire roasted peppers and baked eggplant, very good.

We shared the Sopska salad which is finely diced cucumber and tomato dressed with a special sour cream dressing. A very unique salad that was wonderful. For our entree we shared the Burek which is a beef pastry which is folded in phyllo dough lightly spiced with Mediterranean spices and a little garlic, this is served with a side of sour cream. The spices in the dish were amazing, just enough to taste really good.

For dessert we shared the Baklava, my husband loves this dessert and we ordered 2 to go for our dessert after dinners at the cottage. We loved this place and will return later this week to try the lamb and some Bonsian wine. This is a true gem in Astoria, the homebaked bread fresh out of the oven was also very good. :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellent Lunch at Drina Daisy

Nice to see you following Rivergallery's recommendations, syrahgirl. Hard to beat the advice of a local, isn't it. We were curious about Drina Daisy when we walked by a few weeks ago.

But, don't restaurant reviews belong in the review section of TA, where more folks will see it? If you do post a review, note that Drina Daisy is Bosnian. Did you take any photos?

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,732 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellent Lunch at Drina Daisy

I hope Rivergallery sees this. She really does aim to give a locals take on everything, and it seems to work since tourists are taking her suggestions:)

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellent Lunch at Drina Daisy

YUMMY!! I am so glad you checked it out! Was your server a man? Ours talked to us all about the food of Bosnia.. Good thing he also informed us how to drink their tea.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,827 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellent Lunch at Drina Daisy

Rivergallery, I wish you had told us about this place when I was still living in Portland!! :O)

So right, mistletoe, nothing like the advice of a local..syrahgirl, when you go back to California this weekend, I bet you will miss all the good food they have in Oregon :)

5. Re: Excellent Lunch at Drina Daisy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 07, 2009