We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel close to the cruise ship terminal

alabama
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
hotel close to the cruise ship terminal

Can someone recommend a nice hotel close to the cruise ship terminal. We'll be driving down a day early prior to embarking the ship to relax and take in Jacksonville. I have a friend who visits Jacksonvile frequently and sheand her husband just love the city so I wanted to come down early and find out for myself. Also what are some good restaurants?

Mentioned in this post
Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel close to the cruise ship terminal

Hello Octaqon8,

There aren't any hotels very near the cruise ship terminal. Your options are...

1. The least expensive: stay in one of the chain hotels near the airport.

2. Stay downtown near The Landing on the river. It's an attractive area. There are expensive hotels near/on the river like the Omni and the Hyatt, and cheaper hotels like Extend Stay America, (904) 396-1777, www.extendedstayhotels.com, which is a couple blocks back from the river.

3. Stay at The Beach. Try the reasonably priced Sea Horse Oceanside Inn in Neptune Beach. (904) 246-2175, http://www.seahorseoceanfrontinn.com/ , or the bit more expensive Sea Turtle Hotel in Atlantic Beach (904) 249-7402, http://www.seaturtle.com/ , or the expensive Inn at Ponte Vedra. (800) 234-7842 http://www.pvresorts.com/

4. Come an extra day early and stay in and see St. Augustine too.

There are lots of good restaurants here. Let us know where you will be and we'll address restaurants.

Mentioned in this post
Omni Jacksonville Hotel
Omni Jacksonville Hotel
2,294 Reviews
Jacksonville, FL
Amelia Hotel at the Beach
Amelia Hotel at the Beach
853 Reviews
Amelia Island, FL
Atlantic Beach
Atlantic Beach
601 Reviews
Jacksonville, FL
ontario
Level Contributor
63 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel close to the cruise ship terminal

We are cruising in December and we are booked into the Hampton Inn & Suites by the Jacksonville airport. They provide a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the Hotel and for $6 per person, they will take you to the Jaxport cruise terminal. Price includes a free continental breakfast.

Hope this helps.

Stephanie :)

Mentioned in this post
JaxPort Tour
JaxPort Tour
83 Reviews
Jacksonville, FL
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel close to the cruise ship terminal

The Clarion Hotel on airport property is probably 5-10 minutes from the Jaxport terminal. They have a park and cruise rate of $99, you get to leave your car at the hotel for free and there is also a shuttle to take you to and from the cruise port and or airport.

Mentioned in this post
JaxPort Tour
JaxPort Tour
83 Reviews
Jacksonville, FL
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel close to the cruise ship terminal

...and I'd also recommend any of the downtown hotels...Omni, Hyatt, Crowne Plaza, Wyndham, Hampton or Extended. There would be alot to do for the night and I believe shuttles are also options at those hotels.

Mentioned in this post
Omni Jacksonville Hotel
Omni Jacksonville Hotel
2,294 Reviews
Jacksonville, FL
alabama
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel close to the cruise ship terminal

Thanks so much to all that responded. I have some "pondering" to do before I decide. They all sound very nice. Would like to check out the jacksonville beach though. Sorry for taking so long to respond.

Va
Level Contributor
11,954 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel close to the cruise ship terminal

There is a Holiday inn express that is close to the terminal. That is probably the closest one. It would be much closer than staying down town or by the airport.

7. Re: hotel close to the cruise ship terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Jacksonville