We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One dinner in Jax?

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
One dinner in Jax?

We are passing through, and spending one day in Jacksonville, staying near Riverwalk. We thought we would explore just a bit, and find a place to eat dinner. We like ethnic food, creative dining, actually quite flexible, will be with our 19 yr old son. I was wondering about the Riverside area? Could we walk there from the Crowne Plaza?

Or is there another area we should go check out? A cool, funky neighborhood would be nice....any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks a million!

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,500 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One dinner in Jax?

Riverside has some great restaurants and it's right on target with being sort of a cool, funky neighborhood. You cannot walk there from the Crowne Plaza, however.

If you decide to go there, consider Pele, 13 Gypsies or Black Sheep Tavern. All are great restaurants. You could probably Google each one for more info.

Have fun!!!

Vicki

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
127 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One dinner in Jax?

Vicki is right on with Riverside being what you are looking for. I would consider Orsay if you like French-inspired food. It's a little on the pricier side, but is soooo worth it. My wife can't get away from the duck confit they serve. If you like tapas,13 gypsies is great. Black Sheep is right up there as well. If you want to stay closer to your hotel, look at BB's. Unreal desserts. Good luck!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
340 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One dinner in Jax?

For a short cab ride from the Crowne Plaza check out Bistro Aix or BB's in San Marco. Or, go to the "square" where there are numerous small restaurants that might have more appeal to a younger palate.

San Diego
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One dinner in Jax?

If I had only ONE dinner in Jax, it would hands down be Restaurant Orsay.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,777 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One dinner in Jax?

for B,fast and Lunch Google the "Metro Diner" 2.5 miles

from your hotel on Hendricks Ave / Inwood Terrace Route 13

Restaurant has been featured on the Food Network " Diners Drive Ins & Dives "

enjoy.

6. Re: One dinner in Jax?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 24, 2015