We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach weather this April 2013?

East Bernstadt...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Topic
Beach weather this April 2013?

Heading down with my BFF and her children and my husband next weekend, was wondering if the water is warm enough to get in yet? What have the temps been lately there? Anything in particular I should know about coming to the beach for the first time in Florida? So excited and can't wait!!! Husband's never seen the beach, I've only been to Myrtle Beach SC once. So we are all excited!!!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach weather this April 2013?

Still a bit cold for me, but I'm old.....I did see kids in the ocean last weekend, but not many. 62 to 64 degrees right now.

surfline.com/surf-report/…

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach weather this April 2013?

Right now it's still a little chilly (but gorgeous outside). That being said, the average high for the month of April is between 75-79. Pretty beautiful beach weather. The water will probably still be cold, but once you get sun baked and warm, you'll appreciate the water temp. Will it be warm enough to get in? Probably so!

East Bernstadt...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach weather this April 2013?

YAY! Thanks for replying!!! :) I am so excited about going!!!

East Bernstadt...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach weather this April 2013?

Awesome! THank you for the link!!!!

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach weather this April 2013?

The weather is starting to change here...meaning the wind is starting to come more consistently from the south or south west, which brings warmer air. We love this time of year because the humidity is very VERY low...like 20's and 30's so the 70 degrees feels cool. No biggy! Wear long sleeve light shirts and the sun will warm you. There are no bugs either so beach walks at dusk or dawn are amazing. It's supposed to be 84 here this Sunday, which is going to feel great. Prettiest time of year here but just to be safe, bring light long sleeve shirts and light long pants and you'll LOVE it. The water is cool but if it's warm enough outside, it's doable. You're going to love the beaches here!

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,847 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach weather this April 2013?

This photo surf report is useful for checking what people (mostly surfers) are wearing. Today was cool even down here, so watch for warmer weather over the weekend.

911surfreport.com/2013/…

There's other reports but I'm not familiar with them.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach weather this April 2013?

www.fluidgroove.net is another good site.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,521 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach weather this April 2013?

The water will be pretty cold - but if you're brave - it's doable. I would tell you to make absolutely sure that you apply sunscreen. Visitors sometimes think that if the weather isn't hot, they won't get a burn. Not true. Don't ruin your vacation with a bad sunburn - just apply your sunscreen and be safe! Enjoy!

Vicki

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach weather this April 2013?

Great tip, Vicki! Especially important for people with not much beach experience! (Apply in cloudy weather, too.)

Edited: 10:55 am, March 22, 2013
East Bernstadt...
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach weather this April 2013?

Thank you all! I am glad to have such nice people to answer my questions. One more I have, we are going to be staying at the Navy Gateway Inn & Suites in Mayport. Anyone know much about it? I think we're renting a suite. Just wondering if that includes a small kitchenette or not. We're going down with friends and she rented it and wasn't sure. Anything else you can tell me about NGIS would be appreciated! Also, I think it's pretty close to the ocean, true?