We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for one night

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Concord NC
Level Contributor
521 posts
8 reviews
Hotel for one night

We are leaving Orlando Sunday night and headed for Charlote, N.C.. We are thinking about driving to Jacksonville and stopping for the night. It will be after midnight before we get there and we need to know where to stop for the night. Any suggestions about where to stay that is safe and has a lobby open after midnight. Thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
7,987 posts
1. Re: Hotel for one night

Any hotel right off of the Interstate exits will have someone on duty all night and usually the hotels at the exits are safe.

If you take I-295 that goes around the West side of Jacksonville there are a Comfort Inn, Country Inn & Suites and a Holiday Inn at exit 22.

If you don't want to go that far then at exit 335 on I-95 there are a Hampton Inn and a Marriott Courtyard.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
505 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Hotel for one night

Stay at the Holiday Inn Baymeadows on I-295. ( http://is.gd/hi_baymeadows ) I stayed there in April. it's a nice, new hotel at the Baymeadows Road Exit, right next to the exit off I-295. There's not a lot of heavy traffic in this area so you can get on & off quickly. Read the tripadvisor reviews as well, they are 100% accurate: http://is.gd/hijx_reviews . You'll find a lot of the hotels in Jacksonville have housekeeping issues, but not this one, everything was nice, new & clean.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
100 reviews
3. Re: Hotel for one night

HI Dd,

JIA, Jacksonville International Airport, is on Interstate 95 just north of the city of Jacksonville. (And just north of where Interstate 295 meets 95.) There are lots of inexpensive hotels around the JIA exit. Just get off I-95 going in the direction of the airport and you will find them. Take your pick. There is also a 24 hour Denny's restaurant right there in case you are hungry.

Pick up one of the hotel coupon books at one of your rest stops on the way up and get a discount on a hotel room.

Spirit

Edited: 1:06 am, November 24, 2012
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
197 reviews
4. Re: Hotel for one night

I agree with Spirit. If all you're doing is looking for a safe hotel, the JIA exit is your best bet for quality and price. Also very safe.

5. Re: Hotel for one night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, December 16, 2013