We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Inn at Oak Street

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
49 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
The Inn at Oak Street

A few weeks ago, I posted a note about relocating to Jacksonville. I finally visited and wanted to let everyone know about a nice bed and breakfast I stayed at. Unfortunately, it's not listed on this site - I found it while searching the internet.

It's The Inn at Oak Street, located in the Riverside area: http://www.innatoakstreet.com/home.htm

I stayed in the 1854 Room and overall had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. The place was very clean, decorated tastefully and had the original hardwood floors. The room was large, quiet and the bathroom had a spa tub, spa products and a nice bathrobe. The innkeeper was very nice and she provided an excellent breakfast. The Inn is located in a nice area. I walked around the neighborhood, had dinner at a local Japanese restaurant, The Sake House, and picked up some last minute items at the nearby Publix. Overall, a very nice stay! I do recommend it to anyone traveling to Jacksonville and looking for a unique lodging.

I'd also recommend it for all types of travelers. I was a business traveler and the inn had everything I needed. There was also a couple there honeymooning. So it's good for singles, couples, business travelers, etc.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,501 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Inn at Oak Street

Hi Malie,

Thanks so much for your review and report of The Inn at Oak Street. I had heard about it (both I and my husband used to work about 5 minutes from there) but I'd never actually spoken to anyone who had stayed there. It's good to know that you had a nice experience there, and I will definitely recommend it to others who may be asking for somewhere nice to stay. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I hope Jacksonville treated you well! Have you made a decision to relocate? If and when you do, we'll be happy to try to answer any questions you have, recommend a realtor, doctors, shopping, restaurants, etc.

Take care, and thanks again for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

Vicki