We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Times Union Center

Macon
1 post
Save Topic
Times Union Center

We have tickets for Phantom in May. We live just outside of Macon, GA and will come down a day early and stay in Jacksonville on our way to WDW. We were looking at staying at the Omni and the Hyatt. Can anyone tell me if these are in good proximity to the theatre and if there are any other suggestions? Thanks

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Times Union Center

The Omni is across the street from the Times Union Center, and the Hyatt is the equivalent of three blocks away on the river. Both hotels are nice. Enjoy your stay!

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,496 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Times Union Center

Very strange - 3 or 4 days ago I replied to your post and it seems to have gone missing. Spirit pretty much answered your questions. I also mentioned that there's parking at the CSX building to the right of the Performing Arts Center, and if you want somewhere for an apres theatre snack or dessert, consider Cafe Carmon on San Marco Blvd. Your hotel concierge can tell you exactly how to get there. It's very close and the desserts are to-die-for. They tend to stay open a bit later for the theatre goers. Have a great time. You're going to love Phantom. We saw it in NYC a few years ago and it was incredible. Of course, I'm a bit biased since I have a vocal degree. The weather in May should be quite nice, but our weather does tend to be unpredictable. The year I graduated from college with my undergrad degree, it was May 1st. Typically, May 1st is pretty hot. It was in the 40's!!!!! It was just a freak thing. You'll be right on the water at night, so bring a light wrap for the performance.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,007 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Times Union Center

Is POM still open in San Marco?

That was always a good place for a drink before or after a show..

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,496 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Times Union Center

Scarlett - you've got me, there. What is POM? Is it an acronym for something? Does it have a full name? Give me that and I can probably find out.

Saint Augustine,FL
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Times Union Center

Walk across the street from the Omni and you are at the theater! Lovely hotel, great service. The Landing is right next to the theater with shops and restaurants. The Omni is extremely convenient--parking is a little steep but there is parking next to the hotel for a bit less. If you go to omni.com and sign up for their frequent stay program you'll get emails for specials. Have fun!

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,496 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Times Union Center

Hi uahollem,

What Esser means is that the Omni has a parking garage that is a bit steep, as is their valet service, but immediately adjacent to the Omni is a public parking lot that's a bit less expensive. So if you're looking to save a bit, look for the parking lot immediately to the left of the Omni. It's not part of the hotel parking, but looks as though it is because it's so close. Just wanted to give you a little more info on that good advice from Esser!