We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowbirding to area next winter

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
gaithersburg MD
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Snowbirding to area next winter

My wife and I are +55's looking to snowbird in the greater St Aug, Jacksonville area Dec 2011-Mar 2012. Would like to rent 2-3 br for around $4000/mth. on beach w/pool(s). Would prefer a turn-key lux resort within walking distance of town, shops and restaurants, golf carts. We would like somehing like The Villages but with a beach. Suggestions?

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,480 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snowbirding to area next winter

I think you'll enjoy North Florida! Here is a link to a real-estate company that has a lot of rentals in the area. I think they'll have what you're looking for.

http://www.5star-realty.com/

You may also want to check the site, www.vrbo.com. This stands for 'Vacation Rental By Owner' and you may very well find something there. We just rented our last vacation home through this site, and we were extremely pleased.

We've also used Five Star Realty for a beach condo that we rent in St. Augustine.

Good luck! Let us know if we can help.

Vicki

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
335 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snowbirding to area next winter

I'd highly recommend booking through VRBO.com too. We've rented through them before with great success. There you'll be able to find what you're looking for. :)

3. Re: Snowbirding to area next winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:31 am, February 14, 2012