We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant.com restaurant in the area thats good?

Waycross, GA
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant.com restaurant in the area thats good?

any that are good? Going to be at st johns town center.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,386 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant.com restaurant in the area thats good?

Hi ph,

Since you are from Waycross I'm sure you will have a car. You'll need one! These restaurants are spread out all over Jacksonville, but you'll manage.

-Shula's 347 Grill is not far from Town Center and has been recommended on this forum but I haven't been there. It's in a Sheraton Hotel.

-Ocean 60 in Atlantic Beach is quite expensive. Starchy white tablecloths

-Nineteen at TPC Sawgrass - I like it a lot! Good food, nice surroundings.

-North Beach Bistro is good, but not especially atmospheric

-Pusser's Bar & Grille in Ponte Vedra is upscale has good food and you can sit outside on a nice patio next to a big retention pond with fountain.

-Athens Cafe has good Greek food and is a long established, pleasant, and nicely run restaurant.

-Mediterrania Restaurant has good food, starchy white tableclothes, good wine. Long established place. They know what they are doing there.

Bon apetit!

Spirit

Edited: 11:25 am, May 15, 2010
Waycross, GA
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant.com restaurant in the area thats good?

How is the grape at st johns towns center?

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,514 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant.com restaurant in the area thats good?

The Grape is good, but it's a casual sandwich, appetizer sort of place - not necessariy somewhere for a nice, upscale dinner. It's sort of like a little bistro with a small menu, but the Restaurant.com price is great!

Enjoy!

Vicki

Waycross, GA
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant.com restaurant in the area thats good?

Yeah i saw that. It would be hard to spend 50 in there to use the coupon...

Jacksonville, FL
Level Contributor
49 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant.com restaurant in the area thats good?

I like The Grape - the food is good. I agree that it may be hard to spend $50 unless you have at least 3-4 diners (since alcohol is not included). The closest restaurants to The Town Center is Shula's 347 Grill, which is a steakhouse located in a Sheraton Hotel (it's nice) and my husband LOVES it, Johnny Angel's which is a 50's style diner and Urban Flats which just opened last month and serves delicious flat breads (I've been to the Ponte Vedra location).

If you don't mind driving away from the Town Center I'd go to Ocean 60 in Atlantic Beach (which yes, it is a little more expensive but SO good and beautiful atmosphere) and Flavors of India is my fave Indian restaurant in Jax (if you like Indian food).

Edited: 9:14 am, May 16, 2010
6. Re: Restaurant.com restaurant in the area thats good?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, November 13, 2010