We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

art institute of jacksonville

wi
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
art institute of jacksonville

does anyone know anything about this college and what part of town should i stay away from i will need to get an apt. for the school year

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,428 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: art institute of jacksonville

Is the exact name of this school the "Art Institute of Jacksonville"?

I haven't heard of it and can't find it in the phone book. What is it's address? Is this an accredited institution? Have you visited this school?

There are definitely areas of town not to live in. Jacksonville is a very large city. You will want to live near your school. We need more information.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,428 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: art institute of jacksonville

Okay, I found it via google. Some school with a home office in Miami has an extension of sorts in Jacksonville and about 20 other cities. The address given for Jacksonville is near Interstate 95 between Baymeadows and Butler Blvd. Any place you find to live within a couple miles of there should be fine.

Florida Community College Jacksonville is a reputable state institution and offers the same programs that this other school does. You might check out FCCJ and compare it. www.fccj.edu or (904) 646-2300

Good luck!

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: art institute of jacksonville

The Art Institute of Jacksonville is a new and excellent school. Among other majors, they will also have a major in culinary arts, and they're expected to open a restaurant later in the year or early next year. The campus is quite nice, as is the school itself. I was there earlier this month for one of their "First Fridays" art shows. My husband had been asked to display a series of photographs he had taken.

Tuition for the school is around $20,000 per year, and I believe I was told that financial aid is available, although I'm not sure what kind.

There are plenty of apartment complexes in the area that should suit your needs.

Good luck!

Vicki

4. Re: art institute of jacksonville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, September 06, 2009