We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations in or near Gettysburg, PA

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sayre, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodations in or near Gettysburg, PA

I want to plan a trip to Gettysburg PA for myself, my husband and our 6 and 8 year old sons. I have searched booking sites but am having a hard time deciding what property to book as it is so hard to tell what a property really looks like online alone. I would like an affordable place to stay for a couple of night where we can be comfortable - a clean place that doesn't have your skin crawling wondering how you are going to sleep there. Any and all input and suggestions from anyone who knows the area and properties there would be greatly appreciated.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
991 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations in or near Gettysburg, PA

There are lots of options in the area. Could you add some details about:

-your budget

-time of year

-your feelings regarding in town/walkable to attractions vs. drive to attractions

-any other details that you are really looking for

This will help us to think about which would be best for you...thanks!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations in or near Gettysburg, PA

Not sure of issue as there are a number of mid range chain hotels within a couple of miles of downtown(battlefield).

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodations in or near Gettysburg, PA

We stay at Americas Best Value Inn, a few times a year (we have been staying here for many years now!)....Great Location, Affordable & very, very Clean. An older motel which is maintained well above economy/basic standards. Some rooms have a small fridge & microwave ( I believe first floor rooms).They also provide a Free continental breakfast which is very nice. Enjoy Gettysburg!

http://www.americasbestvaluegettysburgpa.com/

Gettysburg...
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodations in or near Gettysburg, PA

In my opinion, the best place to stay are the hotels on Steinwehr Avenue- Americas Best Value Inn, Quality Inn Gettysburg Motor Lodge, Travelodge, or Inn of 1863 (at the intersection of Steinwehr and Baltimore Street). They are all conveniently located within walking distance to the 2nd and 3rd days' battlefields, the Visitors Center, and the Square in downtown Gettysburg, in addition to various shopping and dining options. They are also far enough away from the center of town to avoid the congestion and traffic of downtown.

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
294 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodations in or near Gettysburg, PA

i agree with the above posters. We have Stayed at America's Best Value Inn and never had any issues. It is an older property but very clean and in a great location. We booked online for our May trip and if you sign up for their value card you get a great discount!

We have also stayed across the Street at the Quality Inn. This is a little more expensive and also a good choice.

If you want more room look at vacation rentals here on Tripadvisor. I have rented an apartment before and they are a great choice.

6. Re: Accommodations in or near Gettysburg, PA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 17, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg