We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gettysburg or Williamsburg?

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Altadena, California
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Gettysburg or Williamsburg?

I will be in Washington with my family next spring, including kids ages 17 and 11 (both taking US history in school). We will have time to go to either Gettysburg or Williamsburg, but not both. We are all history buffs and like room to walk around. Any thoughts?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Gettysburg or Williamsburg?

So have you made up your mind? I am shocked, most of the folks in PA voted locally. I think you should post your question in the Orlando forum.

Blackwood, New...
Level Contributor
414 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Gettysburg or Williamsburg?

Williamsburg is a nice, pleasant expierence. You get to see how people lived. Gettysburg is like Pearl Harbor and Arlington. The greatest American historical locations. Each of these is more about reflection than "activity". To come that far and miss a place as significant as Gettysburg would be like going to Hawaii and missing Pearl Harbor. So it is really about seeing how pots were made 300 years ago or seeing the most hollowed battleground in our history.

13. Re: Gettysburg or Williamsburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg