We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Remembrance day

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
147 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Remembrance day

I understand that the president will be in Gettysburg for this annual event. Does anyone know if this is a ticketed event or is it open to the public? No political commentary please.

Mentioned in this post
Gettysburg
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
Gettysburg PA
Level Contributor
338 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Remembrance day

Local papers and other sources say he was invited but has not confirmed.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
147 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Remembrance day

Thanks for answering local. A friend that knows I`m a frequent visitor to the greatest small town in America asked me that question.

Gettysburg PA
Level Contributor
338 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Remembrance day

Speakers change quickly based on world events. The last time a president was confirmed to appear here was the day the Korean Airlines jet was shot down.

4. Re: Remembrance day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 02, 2014