We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Licensed battlefield guide

New york, New york
Level Contributor
83 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Licensed battlefield guide

We are going to be visiting Gettysburg Columbus Day weekend, and we are looking for recommendations for a Licensed Battlefield guide.

I'm sure they're all good, but if anyone has someone they really thought was special, we'd love to know his/her name.

Of course, if you have any other suggestions or recommendations, we'd love to hear them.

Thanks.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Licensed battlefield guide

These guys and gals go through an unbelievable exam, many never make it. You'll have a great experience regardless. If you are from New York, they can tailor your tour to those areas of interest to New York, that itself is worth the cost. Best to reserve ahead of time, you can save by using their website, rather than the Government site, same guides, it's just the government gets a piece of the action.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Licensed battlefield guide

Just to add, it would be unusual to find someone who has hired more than one guide so not likely to get a comparison. As a frequent stalker of these tours (hang in the back and listen when one is in my vicinity), I can say that never got a name but all were interesting and brought something you could not get from the audio tour or just reading the monuments.

3. Re: Licensed battlefield guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg