We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghost Tours / which ones are the best

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Ghost Tours / which ones are the best

We went to Gettysburg for our anv and had the best time, and now feeling guilty about not take our teenage sons [who like their mother are history nuts], we are heading back down the end of Apl. I though a ghost tour would kind of instersting, but want to know which ones are worth the time.

Plainville...
Level Contributor
31 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ghost Tours / which ones are the best

We took a late night tour of the basement of the old orphanage a few weeks ago, and while we had fun with it, it was kind of lame. The guides ghost stories primarily consisted of telling us how people on previous tours have seen apparitions and had cold flashes while on the tour, etc. Once inside the basement of the orphange, a medium was on hand to tell the guests how much paranormal activity is present in the room, though we didn't sense anything abnormal. There also seemed to be a couple of planted customers who had quite the knack for producing photos with orbs while everyone else's pictures capture nothing unusual.

Last year we took a haunted bus tour which was fun and informative, I believe that was one of Nesbitt's tours. I'm not sure who runs the haunted orphanage tour.

Gettysburg, PA
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Ghost Tours / which ones are the best

I've never head of the Orphanage tour. Where does it start?

Plainville...
Level Contributor
31 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ghost Tours / which ones are the best

The orphange tour started at the Jennie Wade house at 10:45 pm and a guide took the group to a couple of outside locations - the Dobbin House parking lot, to the benches at the little shopping area next to Dobbin House, and to a dark area behind the orphange. The guide tells a little history of the orphange and the wicked mistress who ran the place, and of the ghost of a boy named Willy. Around 11:45, the group all went into the basement of the orphange (which is now the Soldier's National Museum) and at midnight the lights go out! Everyone had tape recorders and cameras and it was fun, though we didn't experience any paranormal activity. Some others in the group were convinced that there were spirits all over the place though.

Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg