We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gettysburg Private guide or self guided audio cd?

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CapeCod
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Gettysburg Private guide or self guided audio cd?

The posts on this subject are all quite old. Can someone let me know if they have been there recently and if the private tour is cost prohibitive? I'd love to do it but I don't know what to expect for the expense.

Thank you.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gettysburg Private guide or self guided audio cd?

2 hour tours are $55 through the LBG organization, slighlty higher when booked through the Visitors Center. Well worth it as far as the interaction, Q&A's and personal touch compared to a CD in a car.

www.gettysburgtourguides.org/rates.html

Edited: 7:42 am, May 15, 2012
CapeCod
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gettysburg Private guide or self guided audio cd?

Thank you. For 2 people that works out to be even less than the bus tour and perfect since we will have our 2 small dogs with us. We might also get the audio cd too but more as a way to remember what we learned at Gettysburg when we're back home! I assume the private tour has to be arranged well in advance. I appreciate your help.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gettysburg Private guide or self guided audio cd?

Yes, depending on the time of year, it's best to reserve in advance. You can purchase the CD's in town shops as well as the Visitor's Center bookstore.

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gettysburg Private guide or self guided audio cd?

Tour with a licensed guide is a must. But the one you do with a cd will allow you to get out at every stop if you feel like it.

I did both and really enjoyed them.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gettysburg Private guide or self guided audio cd?

The additional knowledge and facts that the licensed guides provide during their tour is priceless...Reserve a tour guide in Advance and ENJOY!

6. Re: Gettysburg Private guide or self guided audio cd?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 29, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg