We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at The Brafferton Inn and...

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Beach...
2 posts
Save Topic
Staying at The Brafferton Inn and...

My wife and I will be staying at The Brafferton Inn at the end of April and we were wondering if there is anything of the ghostly nature that we should be aware of, look out for, or forward to?

I have looked on the internet and can't find one story about the Inn and I must admit that I am a little disappointed...

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at The Brafferton Inn and...

Most of the ghost related Inns served as field hospitals during the battle, where many were suffering and died, leaving spirits behind.

Looking at their website, there is no indication of that, and it says it was used as a Catholic chapel after the war. Could be why no ghosts set up shop there?

Gettysburg...
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at The Brafferton Inn and...

I can say that I have never heard any stories about the Brafferton Inn but in Gettysburg I would not rule anything out. Make sure to check out the International Museum of Spiritual Investigation www.museumofspirits.com.

Deer Park, Texas
Level Contributor
162 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at The Brafferton Inn and...

Careful what you wish for as far as paranormal activity. I have stayed at the Brafferton before without any paranormal experiences. I have stayed at other haunted places and not gotten any sleep at all because of the activity and felt tired and could not enjoy my day because of the lack of sleep. If you want to experience paranormal, go on the battlefield (be out by closing time) or on a guided investigation. As a previous poster says "they" can be anywhere in old historical buildings or new modern buildings. But even if you don't experience ghosts, the history of Gettysburg is the number one attraction and is fascinating.

Jim Thorpe...
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at The Brafferton Inn and...

I stayed there as well. I didn't have any Ghostly experiences there, but I can tell you that Gettysburg is haunted. You can feel it in the air there, and not just on the tours.

What I can tell you too is that the Inn was very nice. The people were very friendly, and the one woman even helped my fiance propose to me by taking pictures of us before he asked me. They all knew before me. They were good people.

When it comes to ghosts, you can't go looking for one. You just have to be there at the right time. It helps if you use a recorder walking around.

Edited: 12:21 am, May 22, 2012
5. Re: Staying at The Brafferton Inn and...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:43 pm, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg