We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Shoreline,wa
Level Contributor
251 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Late may trip,is three days to much?, or not enough

So I am extending my trip this may(6 days at WDW) , the end of may, to include 3 days at gettysburg. So 1, Is three days enough for Gettysburg?. 2, end of May good time to go?. I am unsure weather to add a day or more for DC??, but thats for another fourm. This is a project years in the makeing many years in the Makeing LOL. Probally a one time trip so I want to see and experince all i can. I am I giveing enough time for Getty??,should i add more?. Just a note, i am not as pump to see DC so I can cut that out.

NE PA
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late may trip,is three days to much?, or not enough

I think three days is just about right. You won't see everything in detail, but you can certainly cover the highlights. The end of May should be good except that it will probably be busy.

Shoreline,wa
Level Contributor
251 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late may trip,is three days to much?, or not enough

Really busy In late May??, i change my schedule from July to late may because of the crowds??, interseting. Well I am leaning more and more to skiping DC all together and focusing all my time on Getty. I do not want to walk away saying i wish i seen this!!

Gettysburg PA
Level Contributor
338 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late may trip,is three days to much?, or not enough

Late May is usually pleasant weather. It's also school field trip season. If you don't mind unruly school kids in the museums, you're fine. Hit the Visitor's Center as soon as it opens, before the school buses arrive. Arrange for a licensed battlefield guide to drive you around on a tour your first day, then note which locations you'd like to revisit.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,181 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late may trip,is three days to much?, or not enough

I love and visit Gettysburg often but have trouble telling others whether one day our three is right for them. It can depend on how much of a civil war nut you are and amount detail you want. You are also close to Harpers ferry and Frederick MD if you decide 3 days its too much.

Shoreline,wa
Level Contributor
251 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late may trip,is three days to much?, or not enough

I love history in gereal but it was the CW that truley got me In to history. I have been wanting to goto Gettysburg since I was In Jr high. This Is a once In a lifetime trip, i dought I will ever be up in this part of the country again, thats why I debate going to Wash DC.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
130 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late may trip,is three days to much?, or not enough

On a weekend you`ll find a lot of visitors at Little Round Top and The Angle but it`s certainly not a problem.

7. Re: Late may trip,is three days to much?, or not enough

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 27, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg