We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a "fun" place for a 7 year old boy?

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Is this a "fun" place for a 7 year old boy?

Trying to figure out if thre are activities that would interest my 7 year old son. He is bright, and interested in everything, but I don't know if this is just too much "educational," and not enough "fun" for a 7 year old. Am I pushing it? wil lhe be bored?

Gettysburg, PA
Level Contributor
371 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is this a "fun" place for a 7 year old boy?

People say do not climb on monuments but all the local moms take our kids to Devil's Den to climb on the rocks. They love to take their toy guns and wear their war hats and battle. I have seen people propose marriage at sunset on these rocks. Just be sure you only park in areas where parking is allowed. The rangers know people are climbing here, there are steps and a bridge over a rock. Also watch for kids runing across the road. This place is also supposed to be real haunted! U can find videos on youtube. The Explore & More Childrens Museum is good for 2 hours and the public library right next door has history and a good kids area with computers. The Rec park by the hospital is a great park for the boys too.

Bel Air, Maryland
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is this a "fun" place for a 7 year old boy?

I agree, there are many places that sell pop cap guns, and civial war garb in gettysburg. The American History Store is a good place that has a great selection, and would be able to get DVD's, replica guns and even maps to start your day. Lincoln's Lost Treasure is a new interactive adventure that takes you thru the city streets, and would be fun for everyone in the group, mom and dad included.

13. Re: Is this a "fun" place for a 7 year old boy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 03, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg