We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A haunted place to stay in Gettysburg?

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
York, PA
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A haunted place to stay in Gettysburg?

I will be staying in Gettysburg in a few weeks and while most accomodations are booked, Fairfield Inn and 1863 Inn of Gettysburg (formerly Holiday Inn) are available. My question is which one of these has a better chance of paranormal activity? Any personal experiences to share...?

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A haunted place to stay in Gettysburg?

Well, the 1863 Inn is too new to be haunted :-) so that leaves the Fairfield Inn...did you check out the reviews? tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g52624-d112987-…

York, PA
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: A haunted place to stay in Gettysburg?

I know it is definately newer than the Fairfield Inn but perhaps the land is haunted at the 1863 Inn??!

3. Re: A haunted place to stay in Gettysburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:14 am, October 05, 2010
Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A haunted place to stay in Gettysburg?

Of your 2 choices, I'd stay where you can walk everywhere, 1863 Inn.

Gettysburg...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: A haunted place to stay in Gettysburg?

The 1863 Inn is supposed to be haunted and there does seem to be some activity there but its not much then again I've only worked at the Inn for a little over a month now.

Edited: 11:56 pm, October 05, 2010
6. Re: A haunted place to stay in Gettysburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, April 04, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg