We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rentals in Gettysburg

Binghamton, NY
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Rentals in Gettysburg

I am planning on traveling to Gettysburgand the vicinity with possibly 6 other people next summer. I am familiar with the area as far as attractions, places to eat, etc.. but I am looking for a rental where we could cook meals and basically use as a home base why we are there for the week. I really would rather not have a hotel for a whole week as it can get pricey eating out and if we just wanted a day to relax it would be nice to have an efficiency or a house. If anyone can help me out in this area I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Gettysburg PA
Level Contributor
338 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rentals in Gettysburg

There's one about 6 miles out of town

http://www.tinrooftrading.com/

and another one on York St but I can't remember the name of that one. You can rent by the week.

Deer Park, Texas
Level Contributor
162 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rentals in Gettysburg

On www.gettysburgcvb.com go into the visitor section and click on accommodations. It will list a category of vacation rentals, click on this and it will bring up two houses that you may want to look at. One is the Gettysburg Cottage located a few miles outside of Gettysburg which has its own website,www.thecottageatgettysburg.com. The other house is in town and is called The Third Summer which is a new one on their list and has contact info on the Gettysburg visitor website but could not find website for just the house. Both of these houses say they accommodate up to 6 people.

Binghamton, NY
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rentals in Gettysburg

Thank you very much. I will check them out today!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
77 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rentals in Gettysburg

We stayed at the Quaker Valley Orchards Guest house just north of Gettysburg go to: http://www.quakervalleyorchards.com It was clean, peaceful and I thought very reasonable in price. It has the kitchen you are looking for, a dinning area, living room, bedrooms first and second floor and a deck. Bathroom maybe be tight for six persons but it is a lovley apple farm.

Poconos
Level Contributor
297 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rentals in Gettysburg

If you want to stay close to downtown Gettysburg, the Cricket House is on East Middle Street, a few blocks off the square & at the entrance to the Culp's Hill area of the Park. It's a refurbished cottage with a full kitchen, kiving room, master suite and luxury baths including whirlpool tub & a separate steam room. Offers a full, privacy-enclosed backyard with a hot tub & patio. Looks gorgeous & the user reviews have been wonderful. Their website is www.crickethouseatgettysburg.com.

Binghamton, NY
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rentals in Gettysburg

thanks for all the great info! I have inquired about most of these and I am sure that we will choose one of them.

This sight has been so helpful!

Central, NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rentals in Gettysburg

Definately check out Orchard Hills Suites - just outside Gburg in Ortanna...

8. Re: Rentals in Gettysburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg