We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seminary Ridge & Carlisle Tours

Florida
Level Contributor
866 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Seminary Ridge & Carlisle Tours

We will be in town for 2 nights. Which one of these tours are better? Also, has anyone been on the Farnsworth attic tour? We are definately doing the Mature Tour. I was also thinking of just doing tours one night and then the next just drive around ourselves to places like Devils Den.

Segway Tours of Gettysburg (SegTours, LLC)
Segway Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
History Nerds Battlefield & Education Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Victorian Carriage Company
Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours
Poconos
Level Contributor
297 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seminary Ridge & Carlisle Tours

Hi again -

I've never taken an organized tour of the battlefields - are these ghost or history tours? Because I live within 2 hours of Gettysburg and am able to visit often, I've just learned my way around on my own, but because you're traveling such a distance, take advantage of the "crash course" a battlefield guide can provide. Ghost tours offer a very limited geographical area, usually right in town, and they're fun, but they won't familiarize you enough with the area to maximize your time on your own. If they are historic in nature, pick the one that will show you the most and DEFINITELY go around on your own the second night - there's nothing better - or spookier!

The only time I've toured the attic of the Farnsworth was during a holiday tour of several Inns & B&B's - DO NOT spend money just to see the attic, if that's what it entails. It's a tiny, narrow room under the eaves (I had to duck, and I'm 5'6'') with a few items displayed in a glass case and a row of benches you can sit on to stare at them. No one on my tour spent more than 30 seconds in here. The Mature Tour is fun, but the stories we heard were the popular ones we'd been hearing for years about the battlefield - very little was discussed about the Farnsworth itself.

Gettysburg, PA
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Seminary Ridge & Carlisle Tours

These are ghost tours through Mark Nesbitt's "Ghosts of Gettysburg" I think both have very different feels. The Carlisle Street tour has more stories but the Seminary tour has some great views and a more intimate feel. Just depends on what you're looking for.

Florida
Level Contributor
866 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seminary Ridge & Carlisle Tours

Well unfortunately niether tour will be availabe when we are there. Only the Baltimore Street one so we are going on that. Thanks for all of your help.

4. Re: Seminary Ridge & Carlisle Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg