We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Week (1/29-2/2)

philadelphia
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Week (1/29-2/2)

Another round of restaurant week for anyone interested. Tons of great restaurants, three courses, $30. A great way to try some new philadelphia restaurants. See the link below:

centercityphila.org/restaurantweek/default.a…

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,237 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Week (1/29-2/2)

Thanks for sharing this excellent bit of information. I hope you get to enjoy some of the offerings.

Lynn

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Week (1/29-2/2)

Hi chuckdiv,

Do you have reservations anywhere this time around? We are going to Tangerine on Friday night. Looking forward to it.

Suzanne

philadelphia
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Week (1/29-2/2)

Hey Lynn and Suzanne,

We will be trying Devon Seafood on friday night. I can't believe I never tried it before, I am very excited. We did bookbinder's last time around and it was great. We did tangerine a couple times back and enjoyed it, however the place was a little too crowded so it was kind of slow. But that is to be expected at a stephen starr on friday night for RW. I hope you like it.

There are so many great restaurants and all their menus look wonderful, it is hard to pick one.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Week (1/29-2/2)

Chuckdiv,

Let us know how you enjoyed Devon Seafood. I have been to Tangerine before, but never for Restaurant Week. A reservation just opened up for Brasserie Perrier on Open Table, I'm tempted to cancel Tangerine and grab that. Have a great time!

Suzanne

philadelphia
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Week (1/29-2/2)

Went to Devon last Friday night for RW and had an incredible (and afordable meal). Parked at the RW lot for $8.50 which was nice considering parking looked impossible, it was right around the corner, and it was freezing out!!!!

Reservation was later since we had some things to take care of before going out. We got there right on time, and were a bit worried that we would have to wait since the place looked packed (even the bar area was packed). Server asked us to wait a minute and about 20 seconds later we were being seated.

Waitress was great the whole time. Paid plenty of attention to us but gave us plenty of time and filled us in on some pointers. We stuck to the RW menu although it was hard after seeing the rest of the menu. They put together a great menu for RW though. First course was an option of soup (chowder or lobster bisque) or salad (house or caeser). We were both suckers for the lobster bisque and it was fantastic. Steaming hot and lots of lobster, and great way to warm up from the cold!

There were three entree options: crab cakes with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans, mako shark over gnocchi, and grouper served with rice.

I had the mako which was awesome. They gave me two rather large pieces which were cooked perfectly and served over the gnocchi. The sauces served with them were tasty and excellent mixed with the make and gnocchi. My girlfriend had the crabcakes. She kept saying that she would probably only get one crabcake because of the fixed price, and thought they messed up when they brought out her plate and there were two huge crab cakes. I love crab cakes and am kind of picky when there is not enough crab meat in them. Well these both had tons of crab meat and hardly any filler. Again cooked to perfection, and nicely accompanied by tasty beans and garlic mashed.

Desert was a chocolate rasbery tarte with vanilla and rasberry sauce. It was good and satisfied our sweet tooth. We were actually so full from all of the dinner that neither of us could finish it.

Overall an excellent dining expereince at a more that reasonable price. A little more expensive for a normal night out, but defintiely worth every penny. Gotta love trying new restaurants for RW.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Week (1/29-2/2)

Thanks for posting your experience! Sounds like you had a great time at Devon.

Suzanne

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Week (1/29-2/2)

Devon Seafood sounds great. Suzanne - how did you like Tangerine (have you been before)? It's been on my list for a while, but we never seem to have a chance to go out when visiting family in Philly. Next time we'll have to plan our visit around RW :-)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant Week (1/29-2/2)

Mopsydog -

We ended up canceling our reservation at Tangerine - my husband came down with the flu. I have been there before and it is my favorite Stephen Starr restaurant. I have never gone for Restaurant Week, though. Next time you are in Philly, I urge you to try it - the food is excellent and the atmosphere is sophisticated.

Suzanne

9. Re: Restaurant Week (1/29-2/2)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 24, 2009