We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

? Philadelphia City Center Wednesday 12/27

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Topic
? Philadelphia City Center Wednesday 12/27

Thinking of driving in from NJ to see the Chicago musical tour at the Merriam Theater.

Will there be slightly less traffic in the week between Christmas and New Year's? It tends to be that way around here as many people seem to take those days off. I'm wary about battling the rush hour traffic out of Philadelphia on I-95.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,198 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ? Philadelphia City Center Wednesday 12/27

Broadway,

Philly is definitely quieter that week.

Lynn

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ? Philadelphia City Center Wednesday 12/27

I agree. That will be a very quiet week, and you should not have a problem with heavy traffic as it's not likely you will be coming in during rush hour. That being said, 95 is one of the most heavily traveled roads in the Phila area. It's usually only terrible during rush hour or in the event of an accident. I wouldn't worry too much. Have fun!

King of Prussia...
Level Contributor
518 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ? Philadelphia City Center Wednesday 12/27

hi broadway,

would have to agree with the others. i've driven many times on 95 during that week over the past couple of years, and the only time i got stuck in traffic was due to an accident.

have fun at the theater!

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ? Philadelphia City Center Wednesday 12/27

Thanks so much everybody!!! :-)

Looks like if the weather cooperates, the trip is a "GO".

5. Re: ? Philadelphia City Center Wednesday 12/27

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 20, 2009