We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near TLA on South Street?

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near TLA on South Street?

I'd be grageful for any advice someone can give on finding a decent (clean, safe) hotel near the Theatre of Living Arts on South Street. I'd like something within a mile or so, as I am going to be using foot power to get around. I know South Street is very busy, so I'm not worried about safety; I just don't want to have to rely on hailing a cab to get back to my hotel after the show.

Mentioned in this post
South Street
South Street
238 Reviews
Philadelphia, PA
Philly
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near TLA on South Street?

How about Sheraton Society Hill or the Omni Hotel. Both are within a walking distance, Omni is on the corner of 4th and Chestnut which is about 6 blocks away and Sheraton is around 2nd and I think Dock Street? About the same distance from the theater.

Mentioned in this post
Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
Sheraton Philadelphia...
1,036 Reviews
Philadelphia, PA
Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near TLA on South Street?

Another option would be the Hyatt Regency on Penns Landing. I've heard that they have had some good room rates.

Mentioned in this post
Penn's Landing
Penn's Landing
322 Reviews
Philadelphia, PA
Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near TLA on South Street?

Thanks for the hints. The places mentioned were already sold out, even though it was 6 weeks away from my original post. I did find someplace, though.