We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museum question (quilts)

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
southern Germany
Level Contributor
976 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Museum question (quilts)

Hi to all ,

as you can guess from my screen name, I do love quilts. My question is: is there a museum in Philly that has quilts on display??

I know, your area is famous for beautiful antique quilts. Maybe I can see some..?? Are there other places that would be intersting for quilters as for example fabric stores?

Thanks, Q.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Museum question (quilts)

Suzanne and Q,

We will be taking the kids and flying into Milan. We'll rent a car and drive to Abano Terme as our home base. Then many day or half-day trips in the area (Venice, Verona, Padua, Vicenza). We'll drive back to Milan for a day there (got to get our tickets to see The Last Supper!) before flying home.

Regarding the train - We'll play it by ear. With a toddler there's extra gear to lug around so the car may be easier on a full day excursion. In Venice we'll park near the causeway.

Lynn

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Museum question (quilts)

Lynn,

You are brave to take the kids! We are flying to Ireland with all three of ours for the 1st time this summer (husband's sister is getting married over there) and I am dreading the international flight with 5 year old twins! The kids outnumber us now, although my 8 year old daughter should be fine - it's the other two that will need attention - I just hope they sleep!

Have fun and you will have to let me know how you coped when you return -- any/all tips appreciated!

Suzanne

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
76 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Museum question (quilts)

Quiltlover - in Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Outside of the city : Lancaster Quilt and Textile Museum in Lancaster, PA and The People's Place Quilt Museum in Intercourse, PA (near Lancaster). One other place of interest for you could be the Robert Cargo Folk Art Gallery in Reading, PA (note that this is a gallery and not a museum. Haven't been so not sure what is on display). All have websites. Enjoy your trip!

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Museum question (quilts)

Suzanne,

I'll be sure to let you know how it went. We started taking our daughter overseas when she was two and it certainly put a different spin on traveling but we had a great time. We did many things "tag-team" by finding the local park or playground. One of us would take her to play while the other went to a museum that would not have interested her. Then we'd switch for lunch and nap time.

Our son is more of a challenge so we shall see.

Lynn

15. Re: Museum question (quilts)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 12, 2009