We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel options from Philly city to Franklin Mills

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
14 posts
Save Topic
travel options from Philly city to Franklin Mills

HI.. Planing a majr shop-out at end of March, including a trip to Franklin Mills. Please can someone tell me what the different ways to get there from the city are? Train, Bus, or is it just car? Not sure that 2 brits are brave enough for driving...

Thanks!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: travel options from Philly city to Franklin Mills

Hi Kira,

From downtown Philadelphia, you can take the Market--Frankford Elevated Train, heading East, to the end of the line (Market Frankford Terminal/Bridge Street). Then, from the Terminal, take the # 20 Bus all the way to Franklin Mills. All told, it will take you about an hour going this way. If you drove instead, it would take about 30-40 minutes, depending on traffic.

If I find a faster way via public transport, will let you know.

Happy bargain-hunting!

Bucks County PA
Level Contributor
97 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel options from Philly city to Franklin Mills

I don't think taking a train would be good that would be out of the way. I know the bus's go there but it is pretty easy to get there driving. Then again I live there. Interstate 95 goes right from philadelphia to the franklin mills mall and from center city philadelphia it should only take 30 minutes tops

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: travel options from Philly city to Franklin Mills

I just called Franklin Mills and they said the way I outlined above was the only route via public transport.

As an alternative, she suggested this shuttle service: Maxi Taxi, 215-333-4000. She said she thought it was about $15 per person. You can give them a call once you arrive here, or check if your hotel has another suggestion.

Mel, I know what you're saying about a car being the easiest way, but they want to avoid driving on the opposite side of the ride from what they're accustomed to. Hey, I understand, I didn't do so well when I had to drive in England!:-)

London
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travel options from Philly city to Franklin Mills

Mel,Happy, Thanks for taking all the trouble to give me those ideas! I can't believe you even called the Mills! you're fab!

I think the Maxi thing sounds like a good plan, especially coming back with all that shopping! Either that or i bribe my big sister really well to do some driving!

London
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travel options from Philly city to Franklin Mills

Just thought i would drop an update on here to let you know how the transport to Franklin Mills went.

Apparently Maxi Taxi no longer offers this service, there are reguar bus services from Frankford terminal, but takes a while to get to Frankford and then change to Franklin mills. In the end we hired a car for $30 per day and it took 20 mins to drive!

From downtown Philly, Take the I95 North, Take exit 35 ( i think its the 63 West?), from there you immediately see a sign directing you to Franklin mills!

Enjoy!

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: travel options from Philly city to Franklin Mills

if you choose king of prussia mall instead, you can ride the R100 from center city and grab a bus for around 10 bucks round trip. kop is huge.