We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pittsburg to the great Pocono's

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Stroudsburg...
1 post
Save Topic
Pittsburg to the great Pocono's

Is there any trains or anyway (other then car and flying) so public transportation to get from Pittsburg (really Armstrong county - outside of Pittsburg) to the Pocono's? My girlfriend doesn't have a car and can't fly (no money to buy a airplane ticket) - I drove there x4 and take 5hrs. but wasn't sure if there was buses or trains that go that way? THANKS!!!!!

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,694 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pittsburg to the great Pocono's

You posted in the Philadelphia forum. Repost in the Pittsburgh forum.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pittsburg to the great Pocono's

there is no train service to the Poconos that I know of. Megabus, Greyhound and Amtrak go from Pittsburgh to Philly.

Edited: 10:01 pm, June 03, 2014
Harrisburg, PA
Level Contributor
509 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pittsburg to the great Pocono's

You can do it on Greyhound taking a bus from Pittsburgh to Harrisburg and then transferring to a bus which will take you to Scranton and transfer again onto a bus to Mt. Pocono. It's not a short trip (11hrs), and its not cheap ($230 round trip), but it's possible.

If you're more adventurous, looks like you could take Megabus to Philadrlphia for about $80 round trip and then depending on timing either Greyhound to Mt. Pocono for about $80 round trip or Martz Trailways for about $60 roundtrip. Megabus gets into 30th street and Greyhound/Martz leave from 10th and Filbert so you'd need to catch the subway across town.

Afraid I don't see any other public transit way of doing it.

A car rental may well be the cheapest and certainly timely alternative.

Edited: 10:42 pm, June 03, 2014
Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pittsburg to the great Pocono's

Here is the unofficial US Intercity Bus and Rail Map: http://www.kfhgroup.com/aibra/pdf/usmap.pdf. It's accurate to get you where you need to go, but not accurate to the exact route.

I'm from Philly, a Coach USA company runs 4x daily from New York to Honesdale, Martz Trailways goes to Tobyhanna, also check with Susquehanna and Fullington Trailways, Bieber Tourways. I like Susquehanna and Martz, don't like Fullington and Coach USA. Don't know about Bieber Tourways, they are a relatively new company.

Lock Haven is nice, if I were you, I would go to Lock Haven on Susquehanna from Philly.

Also, Greyhound official System Timetable: www.extranet.greyhound.com. Overbooking has been eradicated.

Enjoy your trip!

JW

5. Re: Pittsburg to the great Pocono's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 06, 2015