We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming this weekend--Have some questions...

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,141 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Coming this weekend--Have some questions...

We'll be driving up from VA, heading up Broad to the Marriott on Market Street. On Sunday, we check out of the hotel, so here's one question--will there be anything happening on Sunday morning that will affect traffic? The reason I ask, we were in town last year in the spring and had to leave very early since Broad was going to be closed off for a race the day we checked out.

Also, is there any other place besides the Down Home Diner in the Reading Market that serves breakfast? Thanks!

New York, NY
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming this weekend--Have some questions...

The Amish have a great breakfast place in the terminal that is a counter with comfortable stools. Often a wait as the breakfast (especially the blueberry pancakes) are great. Very inexpensive.

Not sure if there is anything going on in the city to block the streets but if there is...just go east to 95 south. There is an entrance to 95 South at the end of Market Street past 2nd Street

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,207 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming this weekend--Have some questions...

Hi SueFee:

There are a couple big events Sunday, but nothing around Broad that I noticed. There's Unity Day (20,000 people?) on the Ben Franklin Parkway and a Carribbean Festival on Penns Landing. (Check www.gophila.com and look at the events calendar.)

At Reading Terminal, I think the other poster was referring to Dutch Eating Place -

readingterminalmarket.org/merchantView.php…

(Hope this isn't for Sunday morning, though. The Market is closed Sundays.) Also - if you happen to make it there for lunch one day instead and you like pork (and garlic!) try a pork sandwich at DiNic's.

Have fun!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
367 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming this weekend--Have some questions...

As Mopsydog noted, the Reading Terminal is closed on Sundays. There are small breakfast places in the area-one is At 13th Street and Race-but they are nothing special. I think the Four Seasons Hotel has a $30 brunch-supposed to be pretty darn good-but why not be a real Philadelphian and go to 9th Street and Passyunk for a cheesestak for breakfast-there are 2 places there open 24/7. Have a good visit

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,141 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming this weekend--Have some questions...

Thanks everyone. Yes, Mopsy, I knew that the Reading Terminal Market is closed on Sundays. I've since looked at their website and came up with some breakfast possibilities. So, we'll see...

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,141 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coming this weekend--Have some questions...

Oh, and Steven---we definitely plan to have cheesesteak but not for breakfast :-) So far we've had Jim's and Tony Luke's Jr. -- haven't decided which ones we'll try this time around. And we look forward to that great Italian meal we'll have one night. Thanks again!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
373 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coming this weekend--Have some questions...

there is a great breakfast place at on 11th just below South Street called Morning glory's. It is small, and always crowded, but definitely worth the wait.

There is also a jazz brunch at Hibachi Grill, Delaware ave and Spring garden streets that is very nice.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,141 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coming this weekend--Have some questions...

Thanks, Felicia

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Coming this weekend--Have some questions...

The best breakfast is at Sabrina's cafe. On Saturday and Sunday mornings there is usually about an hour wait, but if you arrive before 10:00 there is a great chance that you may be seated right away. The menu is diverse and the atmosphere is eclectic. It is a local legend in the "Italian Market" district. After breakfast, strolling through the Italian Market always makes for a great afternoon activity. (9th and Christian www.sabrinascafe.com)

For something different, I also recommend Cafe Sud - try the Morroccan breakfast Tagine. (8th and Passyunk (215) 592-0499)

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,141 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coming this weekend--Have some questions...

Thanks all for the great suggestions.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coming this weekend--Have some questions...

Cafe Sud is great, but it's at Passyunk and Catherine, right near 6th Street. Be advised, it's the size of a shoebox.

Lynn