We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Philadelphia to New York

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Train from Philadelphia to New York

I want to park my car in Philadelphia or Trenton and take the train to New York. Is that a good idea, or a bad one?

We have hotels in Chicago which will let you leave your car in their parking lot and fly out and back. Any such places in Philadelphia or Trenton?

What does it cost to park for several days at the Amtrak station?

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Philadelphia to New York

I think it's cheaper and easier to leave the car at a train station served by New Jersey Transit or at a ferry terminal. You should ask on the New York City forum. The regulars there often advise people on where to leave cars.

I don't know of any free parking in Philadelphia. There certainly isn't any near 30th Street Station.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,108 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Philadelphia to New York

The Hamilton station has reasonably priced parking in their garage (I can't remember offhand if its $7 per day or $7 per 12 hours) and is an easy ride into NYC. But it depends on your plans, if you are staying in Philly and just doing a day trip, leave your car wherever you would park it anyway and go from 30th street,

3. Re: Train from Philadelphia to New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 10, 2015