We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelorette help

New Jersey
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Bachelorette help

I have tried searching for bachelorette ideas and nothing comes up from recent months. It will be a group of about 8-10 girls, ranging mid 20s to early 30s. We will be there 2 nights, 4/11 and 4/12. Looking for a fun spot to have a nice dinner and for some fun bars/lounges/clubs. Any recs would be appreciated. We also don't have a place to stay yet, since we are waiting to figure what we are going to do so we can stay at a hotel near by.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelorette help

I don't think this question has been discussed much on our forum. You might try a general google search for more ideas. There are tons of bars and clubs in Philly, as well as restaurants that would be good for a group celebration. Maybe tell us more about your preferences regarding budget, food, etc and we can give some suggestions?

Edited: 7:46 am, March 20, 2014
New Jersey
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelorette help

Regarding a budget, we are looking for a middle of the road hotel, not super pricey. We will probably need two rooms (4 staying in each room), so maybe something around $200 a night per room (to split between 4). For the restaurant, we are willing to splurge a little if it's for a nice fun restaurant. However, the preference is for a fun/trendy vibe so we're not disturbing any romantic/quiet dinners. Any cuisine will do.

someone told us about center city, would this be a good place to book a hotel in, so everything is walking distance?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelorette help

You definitely want to stay in Center City. That is Philadelphia's downtown. I think the Old City section would be best for you, and you could walk to bars and restaurants in that area. If you want to go somewhere beyond walking distance, public transportation and cabs are easily accessible.

For a restaurant, look at Continental.

Your dates are, unfortunately, very, very expensive for hotels, and it looks like availability may be pretty limited. I did a quick search on Kayak and didn't see anything even close to $200 a night. Kayak says "call" in place of a rate for most hotels, which may mean that they're sold out or availability is low, and of those for which Kayak lists rates, even the budget hotels are more than $300 per night. Can you change your dates?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bachelorette help

I checked Hotwire, too, and it only had two options for your dates in Center City -- a three-star hotel for $272 (plus tax) and a four-star for $372.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
132 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bachelorette help

We just had a bachelorette and we had 7 girls in 1 room at the Homes 2 Suits by Hilton on Arch St. The room had a large fridge, dish washer, and stove. We had 2 double beds and a pullout couch. The price was around $150- not bad split 7 ways! I loved the location because it was within walking distance to lots of bars, restaurants and was across the street from Reading Terminal Market.

We booked a private room at Yakatori Boy which is great if your bride likes karaoke. We went to a few after that. Field House was across the street from our hotel so it made it easy once it got late. You could look into Xfinity Live because a lot of parties go there, but you would need a cab.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,343 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bachelorette help

Do note that 7 in a room is technically illegal if the hotel decides to make a point of it (fire marshal rules, I think the max in a 2 bedroom is 6, 1 bedroom is 5)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
297 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bachelorette help

If you're going to do Center City, Howl At The Moon (S 15th St) is fun for groups. My girlfriend went there for a Bachelorette party and they will bring up the bride and sing a really hilariously inappropriate song to her on the stage, plus they have a variety of huge drinks you can share

8. Re: Bachelorette help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 03, 2015