We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which day of the week

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
346 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Which day of the week

We're planning on visiting Philadelphia for one day driving from Mount Laurel. I was wondering if it would be better to go on a Friday or a Saturday or Sunday. I'm thinking traffic would be better on the weekend but things like Independence Hall would be more crowded on the weekend. How hard is it to drive and park near Independence Hall? Which day of the week would you recommend???

Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Mount Laurel
Mount Laurel
New Jersey
Independence Hall
Independence Hall
7,824 Reviews
Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which day of the week

Firstly I would ask, why are you staying in Mount Laurel? Unless there is a particular reason (family or business) to do so, I would recommend staying in Center City Philadelphia itself.

As to day of the week, as long as you avoid rush hour, Friday should be fine. However, weekends can be preferable as, in general, there is more happening on weekends.

Edited: 9:48 pm, March 12, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Mount Laurel
Mount Laurel
New Jersey
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which day of the week

What time of year?

3. Re: Which day of the week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:28 am, March 14, 2015