We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Philly Airport and Snow

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
238 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Philly Airport and Snow

I hate to post a question like this but TripAdvisor is my go to place.

I'm scheduled to go to Philly this weekend to visit a friend and I'm a little worried about the trip given this snow storm.

I'm scheduled to arrive in Philly at 4:30 Friday, which is after the storm. So if Philly gets 8 inches of snow on Thursday, is this the kind of airport that will barely miss a beat, and be back to normal by Friday? I'm flying from B'ham to Chicago, to Philly, so I would just hate to get stuck in Chicago or somehting.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Philly Airport and Snow

I think it's not so much the airport as the airline. This is a big storm affecting a lot of cities, so multiple flights will be cancelled on Thursday making Friday a bit of a crunch.

However, the temperature will be up to 40 on Friday so that at least is working in everyones favor.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Philly Airport and Snow

usatoday.com/story/…

philly.com/philly/news/Flights_trains_cancel…

Edited: 1:41 pm, February 12, 2014
Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,955 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Philly Airport and Snow

The airport should be ok by that time, but there will be planes out of position, etc. Unless the airport issues a stop operations order, its the airlines which choose what to cancel.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Philly Airport and Snow

usatoday.com/story/…

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
238 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Philly Airport and Snow

Thanks for the link and information. Like Loonbeam indicated, hopefully by tomorrow afternoon things will be back to normal.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,955 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Philly Airport and Snow

I'm a little less confident now as they have extended the storm alert into Friday afternoon.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
238 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Philly Airport and Snow

We're keeping an eye on it.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Philly Airport and Snow

I believe we are supposed to get more snow tonight...ugh

9. Re: Philly Airport and Snow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, February 15, 2015