We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Dinner (also a birthday dinner)

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coastal South...
Level Contributor
91 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving Dinner (also a birthday dinner)

Will be staying in Philly (Center City) for Thanksgiving and need a restaurant (not Chimna too expensive) to celebrate a birthday (and obviously Thanksgiving). Was thinking of Chimna (?) but it is way too expensive for a party of 4. Any thoughts? Doesn't have to have turkey by the way.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,181 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner (also a birthday dinner)

You could go to opentable.com to see which restaurants are open on Thanksgiving.

What is your budget?

Lynn

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,135 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner (also a birthday dinner)

Maggiano's will be open. Thanksgiving menu with some of its Italian dishes.

Be sure to make reservations.

Edited: 9:35 am, November 22, 2013
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner (also a birthday dinner)

Suzsaz, I don't know how much Chima costs, so it is hard for me to guess what your desired price range for this dinner is. I see that you hail from NYC. Philly restaurant prices are not quite as high as NYC, but not exactly cheap. Please give us your price per person estimate (before drinks, taxes and tip) and we can try to recommend something in your price range.

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner (also a birthday dinner)

Valley Green Is open for Thanksgiving. Location is beautiful and particularly so for Thanksgiving, though would require a car or taxi from Center City. Details re restaurant and TA reviews are on this site.

Coastal South...
Level Contributor
91 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner (also a birthday dinner)

Thanks all. I just reposted because I forgot I wrote this. Chima is now out because we are adding two more, and it's getting too pricey for us. Any other thoughts?

Edited: 1:58 pm, November 26, 2013
King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,135 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner (also a birthday dinner)

Can you tell us what your budget is, so we can help you? Otherwise, have a look at opentable.com. It lists the restaurants open on Thanksgiving day. Most of them do post their menus and prices online.

Edited: 4:15 pm, November 26, 2013
7. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner (also a birthday dinner)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 28, 2014