We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need restaurant for rehersal dinner

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
72 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Need restaurant for rehersal dinner

I'm looking for a restaurant in Philly to have a rehersal dinner in Jan '07. Probably 30 people attending. We are staying at the Warwick hotel and may rent a trolley to get people to the dinner.

Level Contributor
62 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need restaurant for rehersal dinner

Hi,

I can heartily recommend, having dined at all of these fine establishments:

A) For a traditional dinner in an historic venue: either

Bookbinders, or City Tavern- located in "Old City."

B) For authentic Italian hospitality, in a real ethnic neighborhood,

there's Ralph's Italian on 9th Street.

C) For personal attention by the Chef-Owner, who would be glad to assist in selecting a special menu, there is none better than Derek's Place.

D) For an over the top experience, there is on-ship dining on

the Moshulu, at Penn's Landing - or a dinner cruise on the Spirit of Philadelphia.

E) For an eclectic experience, I recommend Crescent City or Cafe Nola- both on or near South Street.

Good luck - enjoy !

I admire your zest in booking a trolley. You're obviously looking for something different than simply booking a function at a hotel.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need restaurant for rehersal dinner

psu86,

Philly has so many restaurants that it would help to know what you are looking for. What price range are you interested in, how formal/casual an environment, and do you have preferences on the type of food?

Lynn

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
72 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need restaurant for rehersal dinner

Lynn, i'm flexible on the type of food. Most of my family is from Pittsburgh so i would like something a litle different and special. 100/ head, including alcohol, is my target price. I would like a private room if possible.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need restaurant for rehersal dinner

I'd give the Moshulu a call to see if they can accomodate your price range. They have 2 private dining rooms off of the main dining room. The food is very good and surprisingly, it's not very touristy (like the City Tavern.) Dining right on the river is certainly unique.

Buddakan may also be a possibility. Great restaurant - modern Asian fusion cuisine. There is a mezzanine area that can be book for semi-private events Sun-Thurs for a maximum of 46 people. They also have a communal table that seats 24 people.

If you'd like a smaller place with a very different atmosphere, I'd check out the Astral Plane at 17th and Lombard. The food is very good - I'd check out their website as well.

The Kimmel Center also rents space for rehearsal dinners - check out this website: kimmelcenter.org/facilities/rentals-weddings…

That may be a small start. Feel free to ask questions, I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Suzanne

dhd
Philadelphia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need restaurant for rehersal dinner

I just replied to your other post regarding Positano Coast. I just planned my rehearsal dinner in March so I sympathize. It can seem overwhelming.

I had mine at McCormick and Schmick's--it's a chain, technically, but it's right across from City Hall and it was right near our hotel. Plus, I should say that I originally booked another restaurant, had problems with it, decided to change restaurants and McCormick's accomodated us just one week before the dinner. They were great to work with. They do have private rooms.

If you don't mind going to South Philly, Dante and Luigi's is great for Italian and Beau Monde is just fun (all crepes).

In Center City for Italian--Upstares at Varelli's is very good and they have a private room.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
376 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need restaurant for rehersal dinner

I would also consider Smith and Wollensky or Rouge both are right on rittenhouse square and your guests at the warwick would be able to walk.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Need restaurant for rehersal dinner

I would highly recommend Los Catrines Tequila's

http://www.tequilasphilly.com/

They have a great website which has a photo gallery.

Their Mexican food is delicious and the atmosphere is elegant but festive as well. There are couple of mid-sized rooms that could probably be sectioned-off for a party such as yours, and the website has a "party" menu, indicating that they probably accomodate groups of this size quite often.

This restaurant is located about two blocks away fromt the Warwick hotel on 16th and Locust Street.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Need restaurant for rehersal dinner

I would highly recommend Los Catrines Tequila's

http://www.tequilasphilly.com/

They have a great website which has a photo gallery.

Their Mexican food is delicious and the atmosphere is elegant but festive as well. There are couple of mid-sized rooms that could probably be sectioned-off for a party such as yours, and the website has a "party" menu, indicating that they probably accomodate groups of this size quite often.

This restaurant is located about two blocks away fromt the Warwick hotel on 16th and Locust Street.

9. Re: Need restaurant for rehersal dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, August 24, 2009