We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leisurely walk & view after 11pm?

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
3 posts
Save Topic
Leisurely walk & view after 11pm?

I'm taking my parents and out of state friends to dinner on July 3rd and I was wondering if there was any place or neighborhood we could leisurely walk around and look at things or have a nice view of after 11pm? I realize that most places close around that time and I'm not looking to do an activity such as dancing, bowling, or such, but either people watch, a pretty view, or even pop into a late night coffee/dessert place as we mill around? Thank you!

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,690 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leisurely walk & view after 11pm?

Where will you be for dinner?

Philadelphia...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Leisurely walk & view after 11pm?

XIX at the Hyatt for dinner

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
75 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leisurely walk & view after 11pm?

For a shorter walk, consider simply strolling south on Broad until you reach the Kimmel center - you'll pass the Union League and the Academy, two of my favorite buildings visually and both have gas lamps on at night - if you want a snack for your stroll, you can stop at the gelato place on 13th street: www.capogirogelato.com/wheretobuy.php?c=n

For a bit of a longer stroll, consider heading up Walnut to Rittenhouse Square - depending on the time, you may be able to catch an evening drink or dessert at the bar in Parc!

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leisurely walk & view after 11pm?

How about a self-guided walking tour?

www.ushistory.org/districts/index.html

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leisurely walk & view after 11pm?

Lynn3, would you recommend these walking tours late af night? I think they would be safe but better enjoyed during the day.

Edited: 10:55 pm, June 17, 2013
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leisurely walk & view after 11pm?

I agree it would be better to do them by day, and on second thought this is probably more activity than the OP was looking for. Maybe a scaled down walk around Rittenhouse Square or the Historic District would make more sense. Thanks Atlgirl.

Lynn

7. Re: Leisurely walk & view after 11pm?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 19, 2014