We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need info on Center City east area

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
394 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Need info on Center City east area

Family of four travelling to Philly area end of this month for 3 days. Am looking at what seems to be a great deal on Hotwire for a 3-star hotel in Center City East for $84/night. Is this a good area to stay in -- i.e. safe, close to downtown attractions, transportation from airport, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need info on Center City east area

Susanne...? : )

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need info on Center City east area

Center City East on Hotwire - 3 star - usually generates wins with the following hotels:

Crowne Plaza Philadelphia

Doubletree Philadelphia

Both are good, solid 3* hotels - I've stayed at both properties and the Crowne Plaza is located more in the business district of Philly (18th and Market) whereas the Doubletree is located right on South Broad's Avenue of the Arts. Both locations are good, however - and safe.

If you give me the amentities for the hotel you are referring to and also let me know if the hotel is listed as a "Customer Favorite" - I may be able to better identify - but also be aware that Hotwire does add new properties at any given time, so nothing is ever a "sure thing" - hope this helps a bit.

Suzanne

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
394 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need info on Center City east area

Thanks for this. It was the Doubletree, so we are booked and ready to go this week.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need info on Center City east area

Doubletree is a nice hotel and in a great central location. Bring a bathing suit, there is a pool and hot tub as well. Great place for breakfast about a block and a half away - the Marathon Grill. Starbucks practically across the street in the Park Hyatt. Have fun and enjoy!

Suzanne

5. Re: Need info on Center City east area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 15, 2009