We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant in center city

columbus, OH
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant in center city

Just overwhelmed with restaurant selection in phillie. We're staying at embassy suites. Four women on a get away and no food restrictions. Looking for somewhere with good food, casual under $50. No Indian, Chinese. Know this isn't the best way to use the forum, but we're desperate. Thanks.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant in center city

There are lots of suggestions in the FAQ: Favorite Restaurants, which is in the Top Questions on the right side of the page (on the desktop version, not the mobile version, of TA).

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,303 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant in center city

Because you said 4 women, I will be stereotypical and recommend Max Brenners. Fits your price range, and hey, it's chocolate based.

But as noted, do check the FAQ. OpenTable is also a good idea, to see whats available on any given night.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
640 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant in center city

I'm going to suggest Barbuzzo, Vernick Food & Drink, Amada and Amis. All are places where you could sample a variety of dishes because of their small plate options & keep it at around $45-50 per person.

You might also want to check a place like Estia, which has a fixed price pre-theater menu 3 courses for $30.

If I think of more fixed price places I'll post again...

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant in center city

Several of the Stephen Starr group restaurants come to mind in that area, could be fun for a girls night, such as Continental Midtown, Dandelion, and Alma de Cuba. Drinks may put you over your $50 budget.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
640 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant in center city

I think you'd probably really like The Dandelion as well. Another choice that's further from your hotel but a good option is Bistro La Minette & on Sundays they have a 4 course menu prix fixe available for $29.

Supper on South St, near the Phila Magic Gardens, is also a good choice. They have a new menu with lots of different price points. http://www.supperphilly.com/Menus.html

columbus, OH
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant in center city

Thanks for all your recommendations. Ended up at waterworks---it was a great dining experience. Had duck breast and a crab cake. Delish. Will save all the recommendations for the next trip.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
822 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant in center city

I'm going to recommend you never spell Philly that way again.. The Phillies are a baseball team. Philly is a city.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant in center city

Ingram75, a bit harsh, but definitely a point to clarify. Thanks.

Edited: 10:46 pm, April 29, 2013
9. Re: Restaurant in center city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 01, 2014