We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Philly from Trenton airport

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
How to get to Philly from Trenton airport

My family is flying into Trenton for a wedding in September. We are staying in Philly 3 nights and need to figure out how to get there. We have 7 people right now. We have a couple older people with us too. What would you recommend? I have looked into renting a minivan ($185) but we have to pay for daily parking at the hotel ($40). Are there car services in the area? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also any suggestions if we have more people, 13 I think, too. Thanks in advance.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,003 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Philly from Trenton airport

For 7 people a car/limo service is probably your best bet.

It will cost you $35 to get a taxi from airport to train station, probably will need 2, plus 7 train fares at about $12 each...

Trenton is a very small airport so not sure what limo services handle it.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
75 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Philly from Trenton airport

A few points on using regional rail and taxi: you can take a cheaper taxi (only $15, http://www.state.nj.us/counties/mercer/departments/airport/transportation.html) by choosing to go to the West Trenton train station which is only 1.5 miles from the airport rather than the main Trenton station... (www.septa.org/schedules/rail/pdf/wtr.pdf) Also, the regional rail is not *quite* as expensive as listed above (Zone 6 fare is $8.75 for ticket window or kiosk purchases, $10 if bought on-board in cash):

septa.org/fares/new/fare-brochure-2011.pdf

I know you may want to consider a car service, and unfortunately I have not had any overwhelmingly positive experiences with them to help you out....though Loonbeam is certainly right when pointing out that, especially if you really make it up to 13 people, the limo/car service actually becomes more cost effective the larger your group!

If you do elect public transportation for your current group of 7, you'd need two taxis (one for 4, one for 3) at $15 each, $30 total plus tip then the train fare for 7 (if purchased at the window/kiosk) which is $61.25, it's a total of around $95 for everyone in a group of 7 to get to Philly...if you are considering this option, you also want to make sure your hotel is centrally located in the city and near one of the three major stations (30th Street, Suburban Station, Market East), otherwise you'd be looking at a transfer or another taxi in Philly....

Let me know if you need help with the links - not sure if they worked properly! Good luck and welcome to Philly!

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,205 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Philly from Trenton airport

Try cranbury limo.

http://www.cranburylimo.com/

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,003 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Philly from Trenton airport

I forgot about West Trenton. Thanks for that.

Philly, PA
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Philly from Trenton airport

FYI, I know it's too late for the OP's wedding, but they could (have) rent(ed) a mini or full-size van just one way, potentially.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,205 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Philly from Trenton airport

Dude this post is from april

Wilmington, OH
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Philly from Trenton airport

Looks like it would be better to fly into Philly and not take cabs and try to get to rail in Trenton for $35 each way.

Wilmington, OH
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to Philly from Trenton airport

Looks like it would be simpler and cost about as much to fly into Phlly and save the $35 each way cab fare

to rail terminal. in Trenton.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get to Philly from Trenton airport

This inquiry was for a September visit. No need for further replies. Thanks.

Wilmington, OH
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get to Philly from Trenton airport

Sounds like a lot of trouble to save a few dollars. Not worth it.