We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Outside Philly along Rt 95

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Outside Philly along Rt 95

Hello! We'll be driving from Boston to DC in April and would appreciate suggestions for a motel outside of Philadelphia (up to an hour away) Northeast of the city. This will be a quick stay - we'll be checking in ~ 9p and leaving right after breakfast the following morning to spend the day in Philly so something simple, safe and clean - ideally a quick jaunt off the highway. If you can recommend towns I can go look at the hotels listed there. Thanks!

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,172 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Outside Philly along Rt 95

There's not a lot up there. I would stay in the airport area, lots of options, easy on-off to 95, only about 20 mins further.

I prefer the Aloft or FourPoints.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
325 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Outside Philly along Rt 95

There is a hampton inn in yardley right next to I 95 about 20 minutes north east of philadelphia for around $100 a night. There is a dunkin donuts right next to it which is great for a quick grab and go the next morning. It's in a corporate complex in a more upscale part of the suburbs.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,456 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Outside Philly along Rt 95

No offense to the people of Philly or Pa but along that drive there is no need to enter pa. If you take the turnpike there are hotels off a few exits including 7 and 5 and tons off 4.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Outside Philly along Rt 95

Thank you everyone!! I'll look into all these suggestions, great to have options, much appreciated!

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,939 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Outside Philly along Rt 95

The Hampton Inn suggestion off I-95 is the best one. Get out of NJ as soon as you can. Traffic is murder and the areas involved are not pretty.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Outside Philly along Rt 95

Thanks!!

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,456 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Outside Philly along Rt 95

Owlyn doesnt 95 go right through the heart of center city?

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,939 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Outside Philly along Rt 95

Yes

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,453 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Outside Philly along Rt 95

mapasy, there is a section of 95 in New Jersey that was never completed. You would need to head down the Jersey Turnpike to the PA Turnpike connector, head over the Delaware River and then hook up with 95 in Bristol, PA. However, it's much easier to just head south down the Jersey Pike to Philly. Maybe grab a place in South Jersey before heading into the city. There are some nice places in Bucks County northeast of the city off 95, it's just a little quirky to get there.

Edited: 10:14 pm, February 19, 2013
Ivyland...
Level Contributor
441 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Outside Philly along Rt 95

You can also connect to I-95 in New Jersey off of Rte 1. It's a bit hard to explain. You could then stay in Newtown, Yardley, Levittown and/or Bristol. There are a number of hotels in and around Newtown, same with Yardley, not too sure about Bristol. These are all off I-95. I-95 almost parallels Rte 1 in parts of suburban PA and there are hotels along this thoroughfare. Newtown is a nice small town in Bucks County. Bristol was the original Bucks County seat but it is now in Doylestown. There is one restaurant in Bristol I like that has a very good view of the Delaware River.