We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to an Eagles game in November...HELP!!

danville, wv
2 posts
Save Topic
Going to an Eagles game in November...HELP!!

We are going to a game in November and not sure where to stay, also we will have Saturday and a short while Sunday to explore the city....what places should we def see. Thanks! Any advice would be great!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to an Eagles game in November...HELP!!

What are you interested in? Art, history, culture, architecture, science, museums ... Philly is strong in all those categories. Let us know what you like & we can make suggestions.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to an Eagles game in November...HELP!!

check out the Where to Stay FAQ at the top right

as to things to do, I'd suggest something from the must see list tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i21731-Philadel…

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to an Eagles game in November...HELP!!

Stay in Center City (downtown). That will be more convenient and more interesting than staying, for example, near the stadiums or in the suburbs. From Center City, you can take the subway to the Eagles game. The FAQ on where to stay has a good breakdown of different areas in Center City, which should help you choose the neighborhood that's most appealing to you or most convenient to the other activities you want to do. Center City is very walkable, and it's easy to get around by mass transit.

danville, wv
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to an Eagles game in November...HELP!!

We like history,my husband wants to see the Liberty Bell. Don't have much time so wanted to fit as much in On Sat as we could. And of course great place to eat.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to an Eagles game in November...HELP!!

He have a lot of info on the FAQs about where to eat. You might want to try to find a hotel in the historic area to be convenient to the Liberty Bell.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,172 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to an Eagles game in November...HELP!!

I'd call around to the hotels in the Historic District, see if any are offering Eagles packages. Some have been known to do so and include Eagles swag, or a Hop on Hop off bus tour, etc.

That said, for your plans, the Historic district is a best bet.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to an Eagles game in November...HELP!!

As the others have suggested, stay in Center City and you can't go wrong. Philly is easily walkable and best enjoyed on foot. I think you would like the Old City area, especially since your time sounds limited. You would be close to the historic sites.

Take Septa to the game.

Edited: 11:00 pm, September 30, 2012
8. Re: Going to an Eagles game in November...HELP!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, December 14, 2013