We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vis it crazy to tourist Phili during Marathon?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,257 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
vis it crazy to tourist Phili during Marathon?

I'm in AC week of Nov 10th. Thought to do one or two day trips to Philadelphia. I have to check out of timeshare on Friday, Nov 16 so could drive into Phili, stay one or two nights then drive home to Canada Sunday.

Given that this is Marathon weekend, am I crazy to consider it?

Ideally, I would like two days in Philly, find a place to park the car and then do city by transit or on foot. The two areas of interest are Independence area in Old town and Museum row. I don't mind staying a little out of town to avoid the traffic and to put me in a good spot for an easy Sunday a.m. Exit.

Suggestions?

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,236 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vis it crazy to tourist Phili during Marathon?

If you can get a room at a rate that is acceptable, then yes. There really is no crowd, except along the race path for the time of the race. Unless you are a runner, or need a hotel room, it's a non-event here.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,257 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vis it crazy to tourist Phili during Marathon?

Thanks for the reassurance, owlyn.

3. Re: vis it crazy to tourist Phili during Marathon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 21, 2013