We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PHL Airport Restaurants

Slingerlands, New...
Destination Expert
for Albany
Level Contributor
373 posts
521 reviews
Save Topic
PHL Airport Restaurants

I am meeting someone from Philadelphia at the airport while I have a layover. Are there restaurants that are not within security if we leave the secured area? Thanks.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PHL Airport Restaurants

Yes. I've eaten at the airport, outside of the security area, a couple of times when I've dropped off a friend for a flight.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,274 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PHL Airport Restaurants

I'm not sure where you can eat at the airport, outside of the secured area as I do not recall any restaurants or anything really other than the ticket counters. With that said, there's a Marriott by the baggage claim area, and a Ruby Tuesday on Isla Ave, by the hotels.

Edited: 3:02 pm, October 31, 2011
Slingerlands, New...
Destination Expert
for Albany
Level Contributor
373 posts
521 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PHL Airport Restaurants

I saw the Marriott on line. Looks close, is it walking distance? I have a three hour layover. Time enough for lunch and to get back to the gate?

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,017 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PHL Airport Restaurants

The Marriott is IN the airport, attached near terminal B. You don't even have to step outside.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,230 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PHL Airport Restaurants

The Marriott is really the only realistic choice. Unless there have been some changes there are no food options other than snacks pre/post security.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,274 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PHL Airport Restaurants

With such a short layover, (provided that everything runs on time) I would only consider the Marriott. You really won't have time to go anywhere else.

The Marriott is, in fact within walking distance as it is attached to the airport. It's located between terminals B and C. To get to it, go outside of the secured area, towards the baggage claim area. You will see the sign to the hotel.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PHL Airport Restaurants

Question about eating inside security: I have never had a cheeseteak and I see that there is a Chickie and Pete's in my terminal. (I only have about an hour so no time to leave the airport). Is that a decent version or would I be better off not wasting my maiden cheesesteak journey on it?

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,230 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PHL Airport Restaurants

C+Ps does a perfectly acceptable cheese steak, tho the ones at the restaurant are a little better.

That said, get the Roast Pork and Crab Fries if you go there, its just a good sandwich.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PHL Airport Restaurants

Excellent - thank you! I have a layover on the way back from Houston as well so I'll have the chance to try both

10. Re: PHL Airport Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 18, 2013