We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai Restaurant

Philadelphia
1 post
Save Topic
Thai Restaurant

Friends are coming in from out of town and I need a thai restaurant to impress. I have not tried thai cuisine, where to go in Philadelphia area.

Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai Restaurant

SixerFan -

Two restaurants that I have eaten:

Amara Cafe, at 165 S. 22nd St

My Thai, at 22nd & South Sts.

Both are, IMO, excellent in cuisine and value.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai Restaurant

I'd try Nan at 40th and Chestnut, in University City. It is Thai/french fusion and gets great reviews. I haven't been there personally, but it is on my list of places to try. Anyone I know who has ever eaten there has only ever come back with raves about the place. I'd check it out on Citysearch for reviews. I think it may be a place you might need reservations for, though.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Suzanne

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai Restaurant

I just ate at Vientane at 47th and Baltimore. It doesn't sound like a great location, but there are a group of really quaint restaurants there.

Vientane serves lots of Thai food, the food is excellent, the ambiance is really great, and the prices are low. The deserts were especially fantastic. I might add that I don't generally like Thai, but my wife drags me from time to time.

Fairmount City...
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai Restaurant

sixerFan,

my favorite is SIAM Lotus on Spring Garden st(either between 8&9 or 9&10th ),it's not far however you'll need a car or cab from center city. i'm curious why would you want to impress with a cuisine you've never tasted before? there is also one on 11th and Arch (chinatown)next to the HSBC bank but I have never tried since I often go to Siam Lotus. let me know if you need more info.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
54 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thai Restaurant

If you are near the Main Line, Ardmore has two very good Thai places, almost right on top of each other:

Siamese Princess, 36 E Lancaster Ave (BYOB)

Thai Pepper, 64 E Lancaster Ave

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
343 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thai Restaurant

I love My Thai at 22nd and South Street. EXCELLENT Thai food, nice staff, very quaint and cozy environment, and very reasonable prices.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Thai Restaurant

Allow me to second Nan. I've eaten there several times, and have never been disappointed. Make sure you make reservations, and keep in mind that it's a BYOB.

My wife and I also like another BYOB on South Street called Tamarind.