We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swanky Bubbles?

Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Swanky Bubbles?

Does anyone know anything about Swanky Bubbles?

Is it dinner?

Is it more of a "bar"?

Is it a "pick-up" joint?

Are ppl. there just to be seen?

Age range of patrons?

Is it incredibly crowded?

What kind of place is it? What type of ppl. go there? Is it a "hang out"?

Do I use too many "quotation" marks??

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swanky Bubbles?

Hi, we are doing a girls night out in Old City tonight and this is one of the places we are planning to go because we girls like our champagne! I know they have a menu, but we are planning on just going for drinks. I'll post back tomorrow and let you know how it was, if we do make it there.

Suzanne

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swanky Bubbles?

Hello,

My boyfriend and I go to Swanky Bubbles quite often - we really like it. Anyway, basically, it is a classy/cool restaurant/bar. It's quite nice/stylish. The atmosphere is romantic with dim lighting and it's small with glass candlelit tables. There is usually a dj, but since the place is small (so no it's not too crowded with people standing around), not many people are dancing. It's definitely not a "dive bar, pick-up joint" type place. Patrons are probably 20's to early 30's and go to get something to eat and "chill out" after the clubbing since it's open late, or people just go to eat and relax for a bit. They have a very extensive menu, but it is on the asian side (sushi/japanese/rice dishes). The sushi is very good and they have a lot of teriyaki choices that are great too. The place is small, and has an upstairs, which is usually quieter (but the bar is downstairs). It's not incredibly expensive, but it's not cheap - the prices are definitely reasonable for sushi though. I would definitely recommend it for a drink before or after the club or a dinner date (girls dinner)/business meeting kinda thing - NOT for partying (and there is no cover charge that I know of). It's located in olde city, so there are a number of other places within walking distance you can hit while in that vicinity. This is just my opinion - have fun and hope this helps.

Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swanky Bubbles?

Thanks ashrat.

Comprehensive description.

I've been waiting for a first-hand account of the place, yours is great.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swanky Bubbles?

We ended up not going last Saturday (it was so cold outside, we just ended up staying at Rouge, where we had dinner), but am glad to get the firsthand account as well. Will definitely have to check it out.