We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to and from the Airport & Willow Grove

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
547 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to and from the Airport & Willow Grove

Hi Everyone,

I will be traveling out of PHL Airport (Terminal A) on Friday May 13th. I would like to be at the airport around 4-5pm for a 7pm flight. I then return to PHL airport around 4pm on Wednesday May 25th.

I can get to the Willow Grove regional rail train station (on Warminster line) without any issues, but am I correct in understanding that this line connects directly to the airport?

Also, coming back - if there is not a direct train, I assume I can take the train from the airport to CC and then pick up the next Warminster line train.

How does this sound? Any other suggestions for getting to the airport? I would drive, but it costs $12 a day to park!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to and from the Airport & Willow Grove

actually you can't take the Warminster line directly to the airport, you need to switch to the Airport Line (formerly known as R1) here is a link to the schedule www.septa.org/schedules/rail/pdf/air.pdf

I personally would drive to the airport and use one of the off site parking locations it does cost more money but you are paying for convenience.

Edited: 2:29 pm, May 09, 2011
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to and from the Airport & Willow Grove

You can probably find parking near the airport (with shuttle service) for about $6.95 or so per day. I usually use Express Park-North Lot, as it's cheaper than Wally Park.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,064 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to and from the Airport & Willow Grove

Some airport trains go to Warminster, but some go to West Trenton or any number of other places. There is a trick to reading the schedule having to do with the train numbers. I can decipher it for you, but you should just plan on switching at 30th, and hope that you luck out.

BTW, I agree with the others that parking off site is your best bet.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,272 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to and from the Airport & Willow Grove

Or if you are going on an extended trip, look at a shuttle service like Dave's Best. Maybe not quite as cheap as the train but a lot more convenient.

Hatboro...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to and from the Airport & Willow Grove

I totally disagree with the previous posters. I live in willow grove, and I've taken the train many times. If you grab the right one it will go straight through or it's an easy switch at CC. Much cheaper and faster that off site parking. The only thing to consider is it will pretty crowded traveling around 4pm.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to and from the Airport & Willow Grove

I live in Willow Grove and have taken the train many times directly to the Airport. The Warminster Line is one of the few SEPTA Train lines which can run directly to the airport, at given times during the day and week. It's best to check SEPTA.org for more information, but again, there are direct lines to the Airport terminals on the Warminster Line.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,272 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to and from the Airport & Willow Grove

This is a 2011 thread, please do not reactivate old threads.

8. Re: Getting to and from the Airport & Willow Grove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 23, 2013