We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving dinner

Mobile
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Thanksgiving dinner

We will be staying in the city center area of downtown Philadelphia. Are there any restaurants in the area that serve traditional Thanksgiving dinner?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

I'd check out the dining rooms in some of the major hotels - the Four Seasons, the Rittenhouse, the Ritz Carlton, the Westin, the Omni - perhaps one or some of them would have a Thanksgiving dinner menu catering to out-of-town guests. Good luck!

boca raton
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

we went to phila to visit our son last tgiving and ate at the city tavern -- they had a fabulous colonial dinner era that included music and drinks of the era. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

Hi,

I just found this link on this website I have used for reservations for restaurants in Philly - OpenTable.com - it gives the listing for restaurants that are open this year on Thanksgiving Day and you can make a reservation directly on the website as well -

www.opentable.com/promo.aspx?pid=1&m=13

Some good places on the list include:

Astral Plane

Fountain Restaurant

Lacroix

London Grill

Moshulu

Ruth's Chris

Good luck, hope that helps!

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,198 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

I'd add Davio's to that list.

Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

For Thanksgiving dinner at reasonable prices,

here's my suggestion.

From Center City, buy a SEPTA Day Pass. Take

the Market-Frankford line to the last stop, Bridge-Pratt (Frankford Transportation Center). Then take the route 66 bus to the Red Robin Diner, Frankford Avenue and Levick

Street, or the Mayfair Diner, Frankford and

Cottman Avenues. Or take the El to the Erie-

Torresdale station and transfer to a westbound 56 bus for the short ride to

Adamicci's Diner, Erie Avenue and K Street.

Being a railfan, it's interesting that route 56 had been a PCC streetcar line from 1941 to

1992 and route 66 had been a double-end car line from 1926 to 1955, then operated with

trolleybuses until 2003.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,198 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

I just saw an add that McCormick and Schmick's will be serving a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,198 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

Yes, I can spell. That was an "ad" not "add" for McCormick and Schmick's.

Philadelphia
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

Here's an article that lists a ton of Philadelphia restaurants serving Thanksgiving Dinner:

http://www.examiner.com/x-1258-Philadelphia-Restaurant-Examiner~y2008m11d12-Best-Philadelphia-restaurants-for-Thanksgiving-Dinner

Philadelphia
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

Great article listing all participating restaurants in Philadelphia:

http://www.examiner.com/x-1258-Philadelphia-Restaurant-Examiner~y2008m11d12-Best-Philadelphia-restaurants-for-Thanksgiving-Dinner

10. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, August 31, 2009