We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed for our trip in Nov.

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Puerto Rico
1 post
Save Topic
Advice needed for our trip in Nov.

My girlfriend and I are headed to Philly on Nov 1-5 and would like some tips on what to do.She really wants to stay in the historic distric and hit a few Jazz clubs.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice needed for our trip in Nov.

There are many great jazz clubs in Philly. I enjoy Zanzibar Blue. You should also check out "Art after 5" on Friday nights at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. A jazz band performs in the great hall while wine and appetizers may be purchased. It is terrific fun.

As far as hotels go, there are many wonderful hotels in the historic district. The Omni is located less than a block from Independence Hall and is beautiful. The Marriot and Loews are not in the historic district but they are less than 10 blocks down Market Street from the historic district.

Make sure you spend some time enjoying the historic district. The sites are fantastic and tell the full story of America's fight for independence. You get a real sense of how difficult it really was to win independence for America.

Enjoy as well the great restaurants, bars and clubs. The Old City area has so many fantastic choices. I love The Continental, Fork, Cuba Libre, Tangerine and Ristorante Panorama in Old City.

Have a great trip and welcome to this wonderful city!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice needed for our trip in Nov.

The Historic district offers some great hotels, amongst them: The Omni just mentioned, Society Hill Sheraton, The Best Westen Independence Park Hotel, Holiday Inn Historic District, just to name a few.

Regarding jazz clubs, Zanizbar Blue on Broad Street is the biggie; the usually offer the more famous acts. However, 2 other considerations: Chris' Jazz Cafe on 1421 Samson Street and Ortlieb's at 3rd and Popular.

Let us know if you need more help and good luck!

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice needed for our trip in Nov.

Don't forget Warmdaddy's at 4 S. Front Street.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice needed for our trip in Nov.

Another suggestion is to pick up the Philadelphia Weekly (PW) when you get here and check the nightlife or jazz listings in the back. The Weekly is a Center City oriented, free publication that you can find at street corners throughout the City and at some restaurant or shop entrances.